Links for Crafterthot ~ Nan Ingraham

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pintrest OMG!!!

Can I just say this: Oh My! Since I found Pinterest I can't stay away from it! I find myself late at night thinking how can I get to the computer without waking anyone up to go look at my pins. It is an artist/crafters dream. What is this Pinterest thing and how do you pin?

 Some of you may know, but to those of you who don't.... well do you love Magazines? Do you like clipping great things and inspiration from those magazines then stack them all together in a folder or binder all Martha-esqu? I do, and Pinterest is now your on-line organized, magazine-clipping, inspirational folder to dream and dream big! Do you want to redo your bedroom, you can search colors or styles and categorize them whichever way you like. Planning a party or a wedding?.... clip away my friend.

 I like vintage bicycles and toy robots. I now have a "board for that"... you know a cork board but its on line. Yup, no glue or tacks needed, unless of course you want to print it out and hang it on a board then by all means do just that! What I love about this is the plethora of images and categories, unlike Magazines that focus on one or two topics. Now don't get me wrong, I still look forward to peering into my mail box to see if i got my little gift of dream sent to me, but now I don't feel so guilty about possibly adding to an environmental problems associated with printed mags.

 AND it is so easy! And it is so fun! And it is no pressure! yeah no pressure. No having to write back or friend anyone. Just you and your dreams and if you want to share you can by who you follow or who follows you. Or nobody at all....but that might leave you with little inspiration. What I am trying to convey here is the sense of sitting in your favorite chair with your favorite beverage looking through dreamy images that inspire you to decorate, bake, paint, craft.....whatever your desires,the list goes on forever. So check out Pinterest. Look me up. I will invite you too.  http://pinterest.com/crafterthot/pins/

No comments:

Post a Comment